Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Time

Lately time has been going by so fast that I have no idea how to keep up. I've been working two jobs and have been in a completely new environment. It's hard not to be proud of myself after all the obstacles I have overcome this last year but I want more time to expand myself as an individual. It's always so hard to find time and it requires a great amount of motivation that needs to be nurtured. It's a true test of someone's character to see how they manage their time. Especially in an environment that demands a full schedule. We allow ourselves to be lazier than necessary, the majority of us enjoy distractions and the amount of time most Americans spend in front of a television is unbelievable. It makes me incredibly disappointed in our society and generation which is why I wanted to cover this topic. What someone does in their alone time says a lot to me. I am somewhat of a workaholic. I love self improvement, I love working towards a higher goal and I will give myself completely to what is important to me. Sleep is less important to me. If I could, I would choose to never sleep again. If sleep wasn't so beneficial to the human body I would try to completely stop. In this day and age, we have unlimited resources. You literally have the world at your fingertips and people waste their time and lives on facebook, twitter, youtube, etc. These websites are beneficial but the majority of us abuse them completely. It's out of balance. In one of my previous posts I stated how important balance in life is. Moderation. Anything can be beneficial but only when used the right way. Too much or too less of anything isn't good. When you can find the balance in everything in your life, you will achieve a higher form of happiness and enlightenment. You know, in your heart, what is good for you. What you need and what will make you a better individual. With that said, my point in this article is to help you start paying closer attention to what you're doing with your free time. Being consciously aware of every minute of your day will help you take steps to achieve your goals and dreams. Rest and vacation are essential to a healthy body and mind. In no way am I saying that overworking yourself is a good thing, but we tend to underwork ourselves. We can achieve so much more if we simply stopped allowing laziness to own our lives. The more aware you are of what you're doing the better things will be. Change is difficult. Making a life change takes time, effort and motivation. You have to focus on why you're making this change, why it's important to you and how you plan to accomplish your goals. Go slowly. Take your time. You don't want to explode on a goal, just to burn out in 6 months. As always, Jordy and I are available to offer advice and help. Feel free to email us any questions or recommendations.


Cheers,
Ace

No comments:

Post a Comment