Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Chivalry

Welp, here we are. I can literally sit here all day and discuss the reality of chivalry. How it's changed and developed throughout history and how it exists within our lives today. And how pathetic and disrespectful men are nowadays. These days I am just happy to meet someone who takes care of his significant other. Real men have started dying out. How the majority of men treat women is a disgrace. My mother and sister have played a huge role in my outlook on women. I've seen the strength, love and bravery they are capable of and it fills my heart with pride. I have such respect for the women in my life. Throughout my life, I looked up to these women because of what they were capable of dealing with while still maintaining their love for their families and friends. I could not be more proud of my Mother and Sister. It is because of them that I see the value of chivalry. Anytime I would ever see or hear anything that threatened the integrity of my family I would snap. To this day, that is the only time I could justify causing another human being harm, besides out of self defense, of course. These women are a huge part of who I am, and I will love them dearly until the end of time for giving me such a strong heart. My sister is a very strong individual. I wouldn't call her a feminist, but she is. and I love her for that. However, we butt heads on certain issues. I am very old fashioned in my chivalrous ways and a large part of me wants to protect anyone that can't defend themselves. People who are physically weak and vulnerable. In no way am I sexist, I can't underline that enough. I do not think, by any means, that men are superior to women. But men, are physically and mentally meant to protect, take care of, and provide for their significant other. More and more I see men commit vicious crimes against women because they can. Because they are stronger. If we had more chivalrous men in this world, they would serve as protectors, as I do. If I ever saw someone, man or woman, getting mugged, beaten, or  violated, I would crash down upon those individuals like a hurricane. I have no patience or respect for anyone willing to take advantage of someone just because they are weak and can't defend themselves. I have studied the martial arts for a large part of my life and it is the most sacred form of knowledge that I have some understanding of. The heart of martial arts is to protect, defend and honor every living creature you come in contact with. We all have the power to take care of each other. I am not encouraging you to interfere with someone that is committing a crime, just be willing to take action if you can. Call 911 if you can't. Think about how you view women/men and see why you have the outlook/opinion about the opposite sex that you do. It'll help you understand why you act the way you do around the opposite sex. The better we treat each other, the better impact it's going to have in our world and in our lives. Every journey begins with a single step. I implore any man reading this to take a step towards being a better person and start respecting any woman you come into contact with and be real. Be who you are.

-Ace

No comments:

Post a Comment