Tuesday, July 30, 2013

The Balance

No one ever sees themselves as the "bad guy". We allow ourselves to think that we are in the right because we understand why we made certain choices with our lives, but that's not necessarily the truth. It is crucial to be honest with yourself, to learn from certain experiences instead of just blocking them out or pushing them out of your mind. You need to be real with yourself and everyone around you. That is the only way you can really grow as an individual. If you want to better yourself, you have to know your flaws. No one knows you as well as you know you! With that said, I am currently trying to find the wrongs I've committed in my life. "What man is a man who does not make the world better?"  We must take this responsibility seriously. Our lives are much greater than we can understand. We can't comprehend the impact we have on our planet, our homes, or each other. Have respect for that ignorance. We are all going to make mistakes, hurt the ones we love, and be ashamed of certain choices, but that by no bounds means that you should give up. There are very few exceptions when it comes to quitting. As a society we have gotten so used to being able to quit something we don't like or something that is too difficult. One of my favorite quotes says; "If I was dropped out a plane, into the ocean and told the nearest land was 1,000 miles away, I'd still swim. And I would despise the man that gave up." To me, that quote says it all. For the majority of us, our lives are no longer about survival. If we lose our jobs, our families, our homes, we are still alive. It isn't about life or death for us. Which is why I encourage all of you to act as if your life depends on your choices. We have all heard the famous quote; "Live today as if there was no tomorrow." But the majority of us have no idea what that truly means because we don't appreciate our lives in that way. I mean, be real with yourself, how often do you wake up smiling just because you woke up? Just because it's a new day with unlimited potential? We don't. We wake up dreading going to work, wanting to sleep more, hating our alarm clocks and it's pathetic. Don't allow yourself to be so weak. When you are faced with a challenge, fight it! It's an obstacle that you're going to learn from. Hardships can be a beautiful thing with the right attitude. Throughout my entire life I felt like a zombie. I was just going through the motions of my life because it was just repetition, repetition, repetition. I made it that way not knowing there was a different path. Hopefully this opens your eyes a little more because I can guarantee that a small group of you know exactly what I'm talking about. I'm not saying I wake up every morning jumping for joy now, everyone has their off days. But I am damn happy to be alive. My energy, my attitude, is an explosion of happiness. I choose to be happy because I now know how to. I would love it if you could just read this article and immediately feel happy, but it doesn't work that way. I am so happy now because I was so miserable for the past few years. I have found the balance in my life. But I paid a heavy price to feel this way. Through unhealthy relationships, mental breakdowns, and a feeling of loneliness that I wouldn't wish upon my worst enemy, I have come to find myself. A large part of me has died and been reborn through the ashes. Through understanding your life, loving who you are, you will find that being happy is quite easy. Just be willing to fight for your happiness. Be willing to endure pain for glory. You all have the ability to share, spread and create love. So choose to be the person you know you can be! I have faith in every one of you and I wish you all luck on your journey. 


- Ace

No comments:

Post a Comment