Tuesday, June 25, 2013

So Much Noise!


 Everyday I wake up to hear my salamanders cage. I walk outside my room and at one time I could possibly hear a blow dryer, the washer, the traffic behind my house, the animals playing, food cooking and a variety of other sounds. On my way to school or work, with my windows down, I hear cars and my music and the massive amount of wind flooding my car. Every where we go there seems to be white noise that we don't give a second thought about. One thing I wonder though, do you hear the silence?

 When I'm walking to class yeah there can be quite a bit of noise, but I don't focus on that. I focus on the silence. I focus on the stillness that exists among all the noise and you can't imagine the impact it makes. When you are stopped at an intersection and there is that moment in between the the yellow light turning red, and then the other lights turning green, do you ever pay attention to the silence in that moment? Although it may only be a second of your time, it could feel a whole lot longer.

 Finding that silence or stillness can have a lasting impression on the rest of your day. The day itself seems more calm, more tranquil, less worrisome. Many people complain about all the electronic devices we have these days and how much noise there is wherever you go, but the quiet is still there and ever-present you just have to find it.


~Jordy

No comments:

Post a Comment