Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Goals

I recently read a quote that said, 'If you don't plan your life, someone else will for you." And that got me thinking, what are my plans? What do I intend on doing with my life? I have answered these questions plenty of times but only in mind. Never on paper, I never wrote down a step by step list on how I would attain these goals. So, I sat down, armed only with pen and paper and began to write out my ladder to my own personal view on success. It made me realize how I could take small steps towards my goals each day, which is great. I truly feel accomplished knowing I took a step forward with my future. It's such a good feeling that I decided to share it. I encourage any of you who haven't done this to take that first step towards your future. Start big, with only the big picture stuff in mind. Who do you want to be, how do you want to look, how do you carry yourself, what will your profession be, when will you get there, where will you be and why do you want to do/look/be that way? Then work down from there, from personal, to health, to professional, everything must be analyzed. Say you want to be healthier, look healthier physically, then that would be a big picture goal. Eating an apple everyday would be a small picture idea. It's still a step forward, with the big picture in mind. Regulating your life and planning your time will only help. Try it before you knock it.

-Ace

No comments:

Post a Comment